Jump to Chat
Jump to Top
AFFLICTION

In a world you thought you knew, secrets remained hidden in the shrouds of time and destiny. In the age of the internet and television, the characters of your childhood fairy tales, your favorite movies, or even your wildest desires are all reality. Humanity has found itself no longer alone. The monsters are out of the closet. Magic is real. Society has found itself divided into those who have accepted the 'others', and those who wish to send these creatures into a fiery grave.

Here you'll find a church that promises lasting life by embracing the eternal curse of the vampire. There are groups of humans who have risen up to create hate groups to destroy the supernatural. An eternal struggle between angels and demons amidst it all, threatening destruction of the entire world in the cross-fire. All the while, most of society works, lives, breathes, right along side monsters and beautiful creatures from their dreams. Who are you among them?

Welcome to Savannah, Georgia.

Character of the Quarter
Constantine Snow

Thread of the Quarter
Time for Final Inspection

Hero of the Quarter
Shaun Wolfe

Villain of the Quarter
Zander Thane

Pure Heart of the Quarter
Lark Eswin

Dark Heart of the Quarter
Etain Devlin

Romantic of the Quarter
Xander Gianetta

We Ship This of the Quarter
Loretta & Constantine

Valued Member of the Quarter
Aly

New Character of the Quarter
Nakoma Blackhawk

Skin by Thisbe of the RPG-Directory.
Push Sidebar by MERC of Merc does Cookies.
Tooltips by MALIHU.
Pop out PM by BLACK @ Code

Add Reply
New Poll

Smoke on the water, Tag: Open for one
Posted on: Dec 20 2017, 02:26 PM

.popp {width: 100px; position: relative; top: 350; background-color: rgba(255,255,255,0.8); padding: 10px; font-family: times; font-size: 8px; letter-spacing: 2px; font-style: italic; text-align: center; text-transform: lowercase; margin-top: 2px;}tagged###open for oneI close my eyes, only for a momentWhen he woke this morning, it was a reoccurring nightmare. The one that he had since the day he woke up in the hospital, after everything that had happened that fateful day, 15 years ago. A dream that had him watching those buildings fall, knowing that his wife and his father were both still within. He ran towards it, only to be blown down by the debris cloud that literally blanketed everything. When he woke in the hospital a week later, he had been given the news as to what happened. He had been hit int he head pretty hard from flying debris that he forgot all about it. At least until that moment. So having the nightmare, it was something that always unsettled him. So today he was rather cranky. It was his day off, but it did not stop him from getting dressed and carrying. He had his badge on his belt because even if he was off duty, he was still a cop. he was also an Alpha who did keep his pack safe and sound. even when he himself had some issues. His beta tried to help him, but there were somethings that he was not ready to share with anyone. Even if it was more than a decade ago. So having got up, dressed and leaving his house; as he did not need to be a hermit. It was not healthy and he knew it. So going out into public, despite his desire to curl up under the covers and grumble for a few days was not in the agenda.His classic car was loud, as they should be. People knew who he was, and some even waved. He waved back, offered a bit of a smile before he found a place to park. The coffee shop he enjoyed was open, and at this time of day, it was not as crowded. He did not care for crowds, even though he had been born and raised in a city known for them. After that incident that brought those two buildings down, he had retreated from the city he had once loved. Now... the city was just too full of painful memories. So coming to Savannah, though it still had its crowds, it was nothing close to Manhattan. Things were slower, and the vibe, well it was more lively, instead of the walking dead feeling he got when he was still in Manhattan.The shop owner was always kind to him, and always trying to set him up with her daughter. Despite her attempts and his polite refusals, she still tried. He kept telling her that he was too old; she seemed to forget that he was in his forties and her daughter was in her twenties. She would always shake her head, scoff and pass him her daughter's number. He always took it, but then would tear it up and toss it int he trash when she was not looking. If her daughter knew that she was trying to set her up with an older man, she would be mortified. He waited in line, had the usual interaction, 'No thank you, it's alright. I am quite alright. No, I cannot come over for dinner. Thank you.' With is large coffee, and usually a ham and cheese something, he headed out, not stopping to doctor his coffee. He would take it black and head towards the bench on the riverfront where he could sit and do whatever it was he was doing. it was a cool day, the air crisp, something he enjoyed. Pushing his sunglasses onto the top of his head, he took a seat, his hazel eyes watching the scenery in front of him.♥ lauz
0 posts | Unregistered | | Send Message
Jack Daniels
| |
""
application | plotter | want ad || Written by |
Link | | Quote | |
Posted on: Dec 26 2017, 06:34 PM

I will keep running
Until my past catches up with me

Time was a mistress all living things were forced to endure, even those who had managed to slip her shackles. Cassidy was not one of those lucky few, though at times she certainly felt it. There was no doubt her infected state slowed the aging process and fought off diseases that could pose risk to her body, but it was not a stopper to cease the flow of time. More than aware of the imposition, she sought to use what little time she had to herself to do the things she truly enjoyed doing. Bizarrely enough one of those things was running. An activity that most people viewed as a nuisance or obligation. In her case it was a relief from the burden of the day to day. A stolen period in which she could allow her mind loose to explore her innermost thoughts and desires – no matter what they might have been. Every day she began the same. An hour spent beating the pavement or gravel beneath the soles of her shoes. The only thing that differed was location.

Today she’d decided to take to the riverfront. Truthfully it was one of her least favorite places to run, if only for one distinct reason. The paper mill. The scent it provided was ghastly, especially to one whose nose could pick up the faintest of aromas. Had it not been for that she would have truly adored the scenery. The juxtaposition made choosing her time running the riverside one of logistics. The winter months were easier, because she could usually rely on a westward wind to keep the stench from blowing toward the sea. So long as she ran toward the ocean and not away from it, then she was perfectly capable of keeping her back to the stench and outrunning any chance it had of catching up to her.

Her morning had begun before the sun had yet risen and carried on well after it ascended past the horizon; nevertheless she had only really began to break a sweat. Leave it to the stamina of a werewolf to keep one from actually finding aerobic stimulus. Had she no plans for the day she likely would have continued on for hours to come, unfortunately she only had about an hour left to her name before she would have to be headed back to her house to prepare for the day ahead at the hospital. Knowing that she pushed herself to a quicker pace, bypassing a few errant joggers as she did, though never doing so at such a pace as to draw unnecessary attention her way. While she didn’t hide what she was, she knew better than to flaunt it in a place where lycanthropy was still viewed as a lesser state of being. Closing on the riverfront proper she found her senses assaulted with a scent entirely apart from the mill. A familiar one that managed to lure a smile to her lips.

No doubt by this point he’d be settled upon some bench sipping his coffee, looking the part of an old cantankerous man. The smile twisted into a bit of a grin as she veered off course, shifting from the path that would take her right up next to the river. Instead she used another that would provide her with just enough subterfuge to come up around behind his typical haunt. Lo and behold as she came round the bend she spotted the back of his head, cup in motion to provide him another bitter sip of his coffee. Closing on him she slowed to a walk, planting her hands over her hips as she did. Steadying her breath she brought her heartrate down even as she stood over his shoulder. “You know habits make you an easy target, Detective.” Squinting one eye shut against the burning sun as it bore down upon her she left the other fixed squarely on his back.

If he didn’t know her by name or scent alone, he would by sight. Flashing a bit of a grin his way she rounded the bench and made herself right at home at his side. Looking between him and his cup she laughed slightly before she prodded him for information. “Who does she try to set you up with? It’s always her nephew for me. I am guessing she has some niece or daughter she tries to push off on you?” It wouldn’t surprise her in the slightest. Actually she’d be more shocked if the woman didn’t try to marry off her Ulfric to any single lady she had at her disposal. Taking a deep breath she wrinkled her nose only slightly at the minor hint of the paper mill floating in the air. Exhaling it once more she cocked her head and readdressed her jade gaze his way, eager to indulge in some conversation before her day turned to emergencies, bylaws, and panic.

22 posts | Member | Members | Send Message
34 | Doctor | Werewolf
"I'm your huckleberry. "
Awards: 2

application | plotter | want ad || Written by Sacha | Offline
Link | | Quote | |
Posted on: Jan 1 2018, 02:15 PM

.popp {width: 100px; position: relative; top: 350; background-color: rgba(255,255,255,0.8); padding: 10px; font-family: times; font-size: 8px; letter-spacing: 2px; font-style: italic; text-align: center; text-transform: lowercase; margin-top: 2px;}tag: Cassidy McCoy###open for oneI close my eyes, only for a momentSometimes the things he saw on a regular basis made him more cranky than usual. He was not an angry man, he was just one that kept his emotions in and some often related that to being cranky. If people really knew what he held in, they would want to wrap him up in a blanket and hold him as he cried. He only cried in private, but no one really knew that. Instead, he wore his pain on the inside, often getting others to think that he hated life. He honestly did not. He just missed his wife terribly. Yes, more than a decade had passed, but the pain always came back on those days of the year that was his birthday, her birthday. Their wedding anniversary and of course the holidays. He hated the holidays. He did not even decorate his house as there was no one to share it with. Yes, the pack often wanted to bring him a Christmas tree, but he always told them not to waste their time. He would attend their parties, but he often was found, outside on the porch grabbing a smoke.He did not smoke often, only during those times when he needed space. He always carried a pack with him, but that one pack would last him quite some time. He gave away more cigarettes than he actually smoked. Today, he had not had a smoke. He was not going to. He had his coffee. Taking a sip, he felt the presence of someone who was pack, caught her scent and allowed her to sneak up on him. She always thought she was being sneaky when he knew she was there long before she thought he knew. It was how he was the Alpha, and how he was the one who protected the entire pack. He used their strength, gave his own, and was the man they needed him to be. Lowering the coffee cup, he did not even look at her, his response his regular gruff growl. it actually was a nice voice, kind of sexy, but don't tell him that. He would roll his eyes when someone told him that."Yes, but I could smell your deodorant a mile away." He knew he could be an easy target, but that was another reason why he wanted people to underestimate him. He was what he was and could be something that was the thing of nightmares. He finished his coffee and did not offer her the bag he had with his breakfast. She would take it if she needed it and he would be fine with that. "Her daughter. She forgets that I am 20 years older than her. I can find my own girlfriend thank you very much." The trash was close by so when he tossed the empty cup into it, he made the shot from as far as they were. He had pretty good hand-eye coordination. He had to in order to pass the gun drills they had to twice a year. And since he had been an NYPD Sniper, he still kept those skills as fresh as he could.People were always trying to get him a girlfriend wife or whatever. Hell, he often was propositioned on his way to the restroom when he went to the pub. And while it was sometimes tempting to have a quick fling in the bathroom, he always pushed them off, telling them not to debase themselves. if he wanted someone in his bed, he was quite capable of managing that."They give you the day off?"It was not unusual for the two of them to see each other early in the day, as their hours were whenever they were called. It sucked, but it was what it was.♥ lauz
Jack Daniels
| |
""
Link | | Quote | |
Posted on: Jan 5 2018, 12:36 PM

I will keep running

There was little in way of swooning when she heard him speak. If there had ever been a time when the gravel in his tone had made her weak in the knees it had passed. Now it was just another part of him and overall Jack had that aura of ‘no trespassing’ that kept her from pursuing anything more than an easy friendship. Not that anything was ever really easy with him. Even being friendly at times could test the best of them. Case in point the no nonsense response and the lack of real interaction as she found herself a place to sit beside him. A more socially inclined individual might say, “Oh sure, Jack, I would love to share your breakfast”, and in fact did. While his tone was gruff her own was quite chipper, trying to counteract his hum drum. Picking up the bag she peeked inside and wrinkled her nose just the slightest bit. “Creature of habit… do you ever eat anything else?” Flashing a smile she rolled the top of the bag back down and set it where it had been once more, abandoning the idea of stealing his meal.

“Sure you can.” There was no implied humor as she agreed with his notion of finding a girlfriend. In fact she went out of her way to try and sound entirely serious. Whether or not she believed he actually could was another story all together. He was certainly good looking and had that whole alpha personal oozing from every pore – he just wasn’t baiting any hooks as far as she could tell. No doubt he had his reasons and she wasn’t about to ask. If he wanted to share then he would, if not, then she could pretend like everyone else that they didn’t exist. “You humored her at least though, right? Let me guess… took the number and thanked her then discarded it with your receipt? You know that’s basically indulgence and you should be ashamed of yourself.” Cassidy didn’t bother to tone down her good humor on his account, if anything she tried almost constantly to alleviate his sour mood.

Day off? That thought made her laugh quite literally out loud. Widening her eyes just a bit as she looked at him she gave her head a shake as her smile was forced to a comically large spread. “Oh no. That’ll never happen. Did they give you the day off?” The thought of either of them skirting a day’s work seemed like lunacy. At least most of the time when she dealt with people she had the opportunity to save their lives, he usually dealt with the already deceased. “Have you managed to dig up any information about the Halloween shooting? That death toll has been pretty staggering for this city. Doesn’t give me the warm and fuzzies knowing that it was a hate crime.” That preternaturals happened to be those being hated in said crime only made matters worse. Everyone in the medical field knew what she was, she had to disclose it for hire, which meant she walked the city streets and hospital halls with a bright shiny target on her back.

34 | Doctor | Werewolf
"I'm your huckleberry. "

Link | | Quote | |
Posted on: Jan 5 2018, 12:53 PM

.popp {width: 100px; position: relative; top: 350; background-color: rgba(255,255,255,0.8); padding: 10px; font-family: times; font-size: 8px; letter-spacing: 2px; font-style: italic; text-align: center; text-transform: lowercase; margin-top: 2px;}tag: Cassidy McCoy###open for oneI close my eyes, only for a momentHe knew he was not the easiest person to get along with. But he knew that his pack was well aware that he was fair, and would die for them. Yes, he was rough, and it showed in the fact that he was a no-nonsense sort of man. Some asked if he was an asshole because he was from New York. He never justified giving an answer for that. He just knew what he wanted, and knew how to get it. Granted he was not the violent sort, he did not need to be. People were well aware that he was as strong as he was rough. So when she sat down, he knew he did not need to offer, same with his breakfast.Glancing at the bag when she asked if he was anything but a creature of habit. "I never ask for anything, she just gives it to me." Which was the truth. The woman who ran the shop assumed what he wanted and he was not going to argue. He had done that once and it had gotten him nowhere. So he just did what was easiest, and half the time he did not pay. He would usually leave what he did not pay as a tip. So he was even. But yes, he could be considered a creature of habit. People could usually find him, but he had to make himself available. As a Cop as well as the Alpha. It did not mean he has gotten soft, or lackadaisical with his routine. He was well aware of what was around him, including what was behind him. Where he sat gave him a better advantage point even if someone thought they could sneak up on him. As he was downwind, he would catch scent of anyone."Of course I did. If I ignored it she would be showing up at my job with a box of donuts and her daughter." He could find a date, hell, he did have sex from time to time, he just did not announce it and nine times out of ten, he went to the woman's house as he was not about to bring someone to his home. Not that anyone would know that he was once married and that yes he missed his wife. He should move on. He could just imagine his wife as a ghost telling him to. He quickly shoved that thought out of his mind as it did make him a little sad. "Yes, I do get days off, but yes I am on call all the time."Despite not wanting to answer his phone at times, he always answered no matter what time of day or night it was.He gave her a look before watching a couple kids who should be in school skateboarding along the pier. He should get up and tell them to get to school, but he stayed put. "Unfortunately, no. We had a good lead but it fizzled out. I need to call some of my old contacts and see if they have heard anything. I'll also check with a couple packs up north and see if they have been experiencing anything similar. I'm sorry I don't have any more information, but whoever did this was good." It was difficult to explain why this had not yet been solved. Several months had passed and they were still at a loss.♥ lauz
Jack Daniels
| |
""
Link | | Quote | |
Posted on: Jan 5 2018, 01:49 PM

I will keep running

When it came to food Cassidy tended to prefer gamey meats and robust gravy. It was the country girl in her and she simply couldn’t shake it, especially now that she was eating for two. The wolf it seemed enjoyed venison and elk nearly as much as she did, if not more, so who was she to deny it? Sweets on the other hand were never really her forte. Even muffins sat a little off in her belly, even more so when she had just taken a run. “Really? Well now I know she likes you more and that just doesn’t seem fair.” That the woman might show up at the precinct with a box of donuts and her daughter on the side only made her laugh again. She could just imagine serious Jack trying to politely but firmly turn them down while sending them on their way. Did he ever blush? That could certainly do it to a man. Somehow she doubted it though. “I would pay to see that. Maybe I will encourage her to do just that, so I can hide behind a corner and snap a picture of your face when it goes down. I bet… it would look exactly the same as every other face you make.”

The smile that lingered was her normal expression of choice. There was simply too little time for her to let the world bog her down too much. Not to mention that if she stopped to really think about the bad then it would only serve to destroy her from the inside out. “Well you are a luckier man than me. I haven’t had a day off in three weeks. I am beginning to think that I’ll never get another.” Even when she was home she had a pager and a cell that were issued by the hospital. The emergency room in Savannah was forever in action and she was at the head of it all. When they didn’t know what to do or who to turn to, they called her and she answered. If nothing else she was putting in her dues until she was able to find a better position somewhere that didn’t have nearly as much chaos and pain. Until then she would just have to grin and bear it.

At least if she was at the hospital she didn’t have to worry about being home alone in the city. With the knowledge that the perpetrators were still out there, it was a small comfort. For the first time her smile shifted and settled, finding the news quite sobering. “I heard that RPIT and FBI were involved. Is it as tense as they make it out to be on television? A turf war between the cops and the feds? For everyone’s sake I hope not.” The sooner they figured out who was responsible and brought them to justice the better off everyone would be, especially those like herself who were known preternaturals. “I’m just glad none of the pack was at the gala. I am not sure how I would have handled seeing one of our own brought into the emergency room that night.” As it was she had to patch up a number of different species and bore witness to the countless deaths of many others. It hadn’t been a night she enjoyed. Hopefully it wouldn’t be repeated.

34 | Doctor | Werewolf
"I'm your huckleberry. "

Link | | Quote | |
Posted on: Jan 8 2018, 09:58 PM

.popp {width: 100px; position: relative; top: 350; background-color: rgba(255,255,255,0.8); padding: 10px; font-family: times; font-size: 8px; letter-spacing: 2px; font-style: italic; text-align: center; text-transform: lowercase; margin-top: 2px;}tag: Cassidy McCoy###open for oneI close my eyes, only for a momentHe rolled his eyes for a brief moment. He doubted that the woman liked him more. She had just been trying to set him up with her daughter since the day he moved there. Maybe it was because he was new flesh, maybe it was because he was a really good guy. But what she did not know was that he had been there before and it was not something that he was looking for. He had lost once before, he doubted he could do it again. And knowing his luck, it would happen and he would be an even bigger mess than what he was now. Yes, he functioned, but he did miss his wife oh so terribly."I highly doubt it would do anything. Plus she has done it before. ">It amused him that she was always so.. chipper. Even though e was well aware that she saw things that made the world a dark and ugly place.The processed it differently. He internalized it, but that was also how he solved the crimes he was assigned. If he didn't think as deeply as he did, he would not be able to get into the mind of the one who might have caused the crime. He closed his eyes for a moment, before opening them again, his hazel eyes on her when she said he was a luckier man than she. "I am pretty sure that I am not. But yes, I do get days off and we all know I am always working no matter where I am. At work or here, sitting enjoying my coffee and being annoyed by a Dr lady who likes to try and annoy me." She didn't annoy him, and it showed as there were lines around his eyes that firmed in his amusement. She was always trying to get him to crack a smile when he rarely did. For him to let out a full laugh was so rare that most people were convinced that he never laughed. He did, just not at the same things as everyone else.He sighed and nodded at her comment of glad that it wasn't one of their own. " Yeah.. I have buried enough Colleagues, Friends, AND Family. I do not wish to do so anytime soon. You'll let me know if you get anything peculiar at work, Won't you?" He knew she would, and even if it might be something so minor, he knew she would call. They needed something, and soon or else this might happen again and it might be someone they cared for.♥ lauz
Jack Daniels
| |
""
Link | | Quote | |
Posted on: Jan 12 2018, 04:26 PM

I will keep running

While Cassidy didn’t genuinely believe that the old woman might have liked her any more or less than Jack, it was still amusing to joke about. Plus it made him roll his eyes and that was almost as good as making him laugh. It was a sign that he wasn’t just a cranky dick behind his placid façade. Wrinkling her nose just the slightest bit at the thought of the woman having already done what had been described, she followed the expression with a renewed laugh. “Too bad I didn’t get the chance to see it. I have a sick fetish for men placed in uncomfortable situations. It’s my sexual kryptonite.” The humor in her tone was never mistakable. There was no truth to her words, just a good old fashioned verbal sparring that was ninety percent sarcasm and ten percent frivolity.

As far as their jobs were concerned, neither could really brag about being lucky in the traditional sense. They both dealt with fairly horrific occurrences day in and out. Jack dealt with criminals but Cassidy got to deal with the results of criminal activities, as well as generalized accidents. “Maybe not. I think we could both seriously do with a vacation. I think a nice trip to a cabin outside the city would suit me just fine. Fishing… oh lord could I use the mind numbing relaxation of a day sprawled out on a riverbank.” Sighing wistfully she allowed her little getaway to drift off only to be replaced by a fresh smile. “How about you, Jack? What is heaven to our grouchy Ulfric? I mean other than getting annoyed by amazingly gorgeous, intelligent, and charismatic doctor ladies of course.”

Keeping things light would make the harder conversations go down with less of a struggle. It always helped to add a bit of sugar to any tart spoonful, that’s what Mary Poppins had taught her. Nodding in affirmation she made quite sure he knew that she would pass on anything and everything she happened to hear. It was easier to pass information to him than it was other officers, even if she didn’t always deal with cases that ended in death. If nothing else he could pass the information off to the appropriate party and would have a greater understanding of the city because of it – which was something any pack leader could put to good use. Tilting her wrist she peeked at her watch once more before leaning on back into her seat, deciding she had enough time to relax for a bit before she’d have to take off for work. If nothing else it would set the tone for her day and give her something to reflect upon later.

34 | Doctor | Werewolf
"I'm your huckleberry. "

Link | | Quote | |
Posted on: Jan 28 2018, 12:11 PM

.popp {width: 100px; position: relative; top: 350; background-color: rgba(255,255,255,0.8); padding: 10px; font-family: times; font-size: 8px; letter-spacing: 2px; font-style: italic; text-align: center; text-transform: lowercase; margin-top: 2px;}tag: Cassidy McCoy###open for oneI close my eyes, only for a momentHe shook his head. He rarely, if ever, got embarrassed. Only his wife was able to embarrass him and it usually was because he would do anything for her, including fall for her jokes. So even if the coffee shop owner came in with donuts, it would not embarrass him. So when she said that she had a fetish for men put in certain situations had him raising his eyebrow. "You're still trying to get me in an uncomfortable situation, Cassidy. You should know by now that it's a fruitless effort." As long as he had been Ulfric, no one could get him to lose his sometimes stoic manner. Unless you hurt his pack, then you saw a side of him that you would not like. it was terrifying.He was still hungry, as his stomach made a grumbling sound. That was their problem as they needed more fuel to keep themselves sustained. Being human AND an animal made life rather.. interesting. And even though he was not born this way, he still was able to control his animal side. Back when he first because this way, his old Alpha up north told him that he was born to be what he was. He did not understand as he was attacked and became this, there was just something in him that was always there. He did not question it, but he did take on the responsibility with pride, fairness and in the end, earned his place."I am too busy to take a vacation. Plus the pack needs me. "While he would love to take a vacation, it was not something he could do. Being a cop, and being the Ulfric... he had too much responsibility. It was the same for doing things that he enjoyed. While he did enjoy fixing up his house, as well as fixing up the pack's homes, he honestly could not think of anything that he really enjoyed doing. That had died a long time ago when he stood by the graveside of his wife, and his father. But Cassidy did not know that. And he was not going to offer the info."You're not annoying me. You would know if you were. Like the vacation thing, I'm too busy to think of things like that. I have to keep you guys in check as well as protect you from anyone who might harm you. It's why you all have my private cell number." While he did enjoy sex, and the company of a female body next to his, but he was not going to say that was his heaven. His heaven died. "Come on, lets walk. I don't want people to think I am a lazy cop sitting with a lazy Doc. I will probably be calling a pack meeting soon to see how everyone is doing. We need to figure out what's going on around here."♥ lauz

Cassidy McCoy
Jack Daniels
| |
""
Link | | Quote | |
Posted on: Jan 29 2018, 02:13 PM

I will keep running

Was she really trying to make him uncomfortable? Perhaps on some level, though not really. The truth of the matter was that she simply had a quirky sense of humor and mentioning her non-existent fetish seemed rather humorous to her. Still she played up the inability to make him squirm with a dramatic groan, as if the mere thought of him being immovable in demeanor were exasperating to her. “Fine, be that way. I guess I will just have to give up or continue trying until I am so exhausted from the attempts that I eventually forget to try.” The fact of the matter was that she probably wouldn’t stop trying. It was simply in her nature to attempt to make everyone feel better; physically, emotionally, or otherwise. It was part of why she made such an incredible doctor and the perfect healer for their pack. Nobody cared even half as much as she did about fixing people and ensuring that they were in the best state they could be in. Jack was just a bit harder to diagnose than most and she wasn’t the type who would make her exploration obvious.

The rumbling of his stomach earned the quirk of her brow before she nodded toward his gut. “I think your stomach is trying to tell you something.” Luckily for him she hadn’t stolen his breakfast. If she had then he likely would have been a whole lot worse off. We really should look for a cook to stay in the pack house, so you can get more sustenance than a muffin. Go all five course like in those fifties family sitcoms, Leave it to Beaver kind of spread.” The thought of a meal that consisted of nearly every breakfast food imaginable made her own stomach growl, which in turn had the woman herself grumbling in slight frustration. Food was an unfortunate necessity when you were a lycanthrope, not feeding the beast was simply not an option – it was unhealthy, for her and the general populace that had to deal with her.

Making a full meal like that took time though and as he said he was quite busy and so was she for that matter. Still she couldn’t help but think that they could have done a great deal better with some luxuries, breakfast and vacations included. “That is all fine and good, but you are going to wear yourself out that way.” Not that she could really talk, since she spent more time at work than anyone, including him. If anyone wanted to find Cassidy, all they had to do was show up at the emergency room and they would eventually run into her. When he mentioned keeping them in check she couldn’t help but laugh slightly and give her head a tiny shake. “I don’t think we need to much direction, we have a pretty good bunch of pups. At least you know you don’t have to worry about me, Big Daddy Dog.” Grinning a bit she rose to her feet as he mentioned moving, only to step away from the bench and begin the process as he’d hinted.

”I highly doubt anyone could just either of us for sitting down for five or ten minutes. That anyone would even try is almost comical.” Deliberately moving downwind she avoided the scent of the paper mill, which was always a stomach turner, even for the human among them. Peeking at her watch she made sure that time was still on her side before she redirected her gaze up his way. “A meeting, huh? Well I don’t think that’s a bad idea. It would be good to get together again and make sure everyone is doing well. Besides a little bonding is always a good thing. Surprisingly they do better when they have a little family time.” Cassidy always spoke with a hint of humor in her tone, like audible sunshine. When she spoke next, however, there was an amplification of that brightness. “I’ll make a family dinner. Something big and hearty… like spaghetti and meatballs. Get everyone nice, fat, and happy… then you can give them the tough and gruff speech I know must be brewing in your head.”

34 | Doctor | Werewolf
"I'm your huckleberry. "

Link | | Quote | |
Posted on: Jan 29 2018, 03:13 PM

I close my eyes, only for a moment He smirked at her. "Yeah well you won't stop trying. I don't know why you keep up this Sisyphean act, but hey, whatever floats your boat." He was glad that she did keep up the positive demeanor. With their jobs, they saw enough darkness in the world that unless they had an outlet, they might crack. Thankfully, he did not often internalize things, he just made sure that he found the answers that he needed to find. He solved the things that needed solving. Both with his job and his pack. "You're not going to forget. You enjoy it entirely too much." He did wink at her, something that proved to her that, yes, he had a sense of humour. It wasn't as if he did not smile He had lines around his eyes that when he did smile, they deepened, making him much more handsome than he already was.He had eaten the breakfast that she had decided not to take, but it was still not enough. Their metabolism really made life interesting. At work, he had an entire drawer full of protein bars, but it did not make up for the steak his body craved. Yes, they were part animal, and yes, they craved meat. But it was not easy to have it all the time when he was working. "My stomach is always trying to tell me something. " As an Ulfric, he had to be stronger, and yes, food helped keep him strong. If he forgot to eat, it could weaken him, and he was not about to come off as weak for anyone. "I cook at home. It just does not help when I'm working. I'll be fine." Thankfully he also had his own fridge in his office with other things to eat. He had to lock it though because someone was sneaking in and taking his deli sandwiches.He looked at her. "I won't. I honestly can't go on vacation with the job and the pack and I'm not about to bring all of you along IF I do decide on taking a vacation. That would just be.. weird." If he went on a vacation, it would be with someone he wanted to go on vacation with. But he honestly thought that he would never find someone he cared that much for, ever again. It pained him because by now, he would have been the father of a teenager. He had always wanted kids, but it was apparently not in the cards for him. Giving her a look after he had suggested that they walk, he spoke. "I won't wear myself out. I take power naps." They started to walks lowly, not really in any hurry to be anywhere. it was his day off despite the fact that he would go to work and check out a few things before running the errands he had needed to."You guys always need direction. it's part of being pack. Plus it reminds you all who is in charge. And they would like that. Everyone likes Spaghetti." He had his hands in his pockets not because they were cold, he really did not know where to put his hands. He knew that he just needed to check in on everyone. He did so every week, he usually gave them a call. They always had meetings once a month and they were due for their next one. tag: Cassidy McCoynotes here if u want BY MITZI .parameterss { width: 400px; background: #1A1A1A; border: solid 1px #2D2D2D; padding: 30px 50px; color: #EDEDED; } .parameterss .top { font: 30px/25px suranna; text-align: right; width: 140px; float: left; text-transform: uppercase; border-right: 2px solid red; /** ACCENT **/ padding-right: 5px; margin: 20px; } .parameterss .body { font: 11px/19px times; text-align: justify; } .parameterss .tag { text-align: right; margin-top: 20px; font: 10px/11px suranna; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; }
Jack Daniels
| |
""
Link | | Quote | |
Posted on: Mar 12 2018, 04:50 PM

I will keep running

There was a moment when he spoke that she all but stopped him, lifting a hand to redirect his words. “Sisyphean? Look at you, using those college SAT words.” At that point she merely laughed, allowing him to continue on as though he actually wanted her to stop doing what she did. In a lot of ways Cassidy was the mother figure in the pack, caring for those who didn’t even quite realize that they needed it. Jack for example might not have known it, but he definitely needed someone to goad him on. Without a little verbal jousting now and again he’d simply grow old and cantankerous, which nobody really needed. “You’re probably right. I really do enjoy it.” That simple smile warmed further as he offered a little conspiratorial wink. He wasn’t all brambles, there were some floral undertones – not that she would ever put it that way to him. On some level though, she was tempted to point it out to him. In the end she thought better of it and simply allowed the moment to pass comfortably.

Canting her head she allowed her gaze to shift toward his stomach. A single brow arched skyward before leveling out once more as she spoke. “While I am not entirely fluent in its language, I think I can hazard a guess. Maybe you should try something bigger for lunch, like multiple subs or a cow.” A renewed laugh slipped through her lips and broadened her smile. Cassidy hadn’t once thought about laugh lines on her face, she’d simply chosen to enjoy her life and all the wear that would come along with it. “Do you? What’s the last thing you cooked at home? If it isn’t something wholly impressive, I am going to be really disappointed.” Something like bacon wrapped filet or clam linguini. If it was something simple and scraped together then she was going to call shenanigans and go right back to insisting on a chef.

A vacation with the entirety of the pack did sound like it would be a little tough. Meeting his gaze head on she held it for a moment before she responded with an absolutely serious tone and straight face. “You mean you don’t fantasize about taking me on long Caribbean cruises?” The straight expression only lasted for a moment before she laughed and shook it off with a toss of her head. “That’s okay, I can live without the thought of you imagining me in a bikini while you’re taking your power naps.” Keeping pace with him she redirected her gaze to the water to watch a few of the boats pass before bringing herself right back around again. “Excuse you, you guys? I have plenty of direction, thank you very much.” If anything she had way too much direction. Cassidy was even more of a work-a-holic than he was.

Spaghetti on the other hand she could get behind. Cooking dinner for the whole pack made her feel like she was back home again, which was always a nice sensation. “Maybe a venison spaghetti. I like the richer flavor in the meat, it’s not so bland. Beef has been too regulated to really carry a good hearty flavor anymore. Unless of course you go for the really expensive stuff.” Thinking out loud about the menu itself only reminded her of her own hunger, which soon left her stomach rumbling for attention. Laughing softly she gave her belly a bit of a pat before looking toward him once more. “Any idea when you want to have this little get together? All this talk of good food has me salivating already.” Certainly not tonight, but that didn’t mean she couldn’t scrounge up some good food for the evening. Either way she was definitely going to need to go grocery shopping.

34 | Doctor | Werewolf
"I'm your huckleberry. "

Link | | Quote | |
Posted on: Mar 21 2018, 02:45 PM

I close my eyes, only for a moment He gave her a look as she joked with him for using big words. He was not an idiot, nor was he stupid. He knew how to speak and would often use words that most people would either have to look up or fake that they understood what he said."Yes, I do have an education." He did not get his hackles up when someone picked on him. He was an adult and could handle criticism, or even playful jesting. And she seemed to be the one person who thought it was her job to make him smile. Or piss him off. either way, he just let her do it and he did not react like he was hurt, offended or even upset. He wasn't.She winked at him as she understood that she was joking. He shook his head, smirking a little bit, but not outright laughing. It had been a long time since he felt a real heartfelt laughter. No one could get that out of him. Not since... He pushed those memories aside as they were not his life now. He did lead a somewhat lonely life, but he did have the pack which was his family. And they were people he would protect until the death. Thank goodness nothing ever came to that and they respected hint o listen to him and follow his rules. He did not ask much, but when he did, you listened."Are you appointing yourself my keeper now? To make sure I eat enough?" He did, but she was right. Their metabolism often had them eating multiple times a day. He usually had protein bars around his office, but since he was not in the office, he did not have any close at hand. Plus he would eat a large lunch. "You know if cows start going missing, people are going to get curious and we really don't want that now do we?" it was bad enough that they had to stay hidden amongst those who did not know what they were. But as the world was changing, he often wondered how soon people would find out about his kind as well as the other things that went bump in the night.As they walked, he did so casually. He did not look like he was on alert or anything but someone walking casually with a friend. "I made Haggis. And it was very good." He often cooked for himself which was why his kitchen was as advanced as it was. He did not have a chef's quality kitchen for the hell of it."[/i][/b][/color] It was a nice day too, for them to be able to walk like this. Others were out, taking advantage of the day even though they knew the weather could change in a heartbeat. Thankfully the sky was clear even if it was a little bit colder than usual."I don't fantasize about taking anyone on a cruise. Think about it... our kind on a ship full of smelly humans for days on end? Do you think that's a really good idea?" Plus the smell of suntan lotion really turned his stomach. he was a more woodsy kind of guy and had been happy to just hang out at a secluded cabin for a week or two. but that was something he had not done in more than 15 years. "You should try a power nap from time to time. Then you could lay off the caffeine.""If you have direction, then why are you about to walk out into traffic?" He had reached out to gently grasp her arm so she did not do so. "And I said you guys meaning pack. We are pretty much placated into where we are right now and that does not sit well with me. We need to be more cautious and alert especially if something happens. I don't want to have to put anyone down, friend, foe or family, so we need to figure out what we are going to do."He turned towards where he had parked. "Beef or turkey would be fine. We don't need the gourmet stuff.Plus no one will complain about spaghetti. We should have it soon. I'lls end a text out to everyone when I requie them to come up to my house. If yo need to check out the kitchen, youc an come by any time. Just ignore the cat though, he will try and noodle out food while you are cooking." tag: Cassidy McCoynotes here if u want BY MITZI .parameterss { width: 400px; background: #1A1A1A; border: solid 1px #2D2D2D; padding: 30px 50px; color: #EDEDED; } .parameterss .top { font: 30px/25px suranna; text-align: right; width: 140px; float: left; text-transform: uppercase; border-right: 2px solid red; /** ACCENT **/ padding-right: 5px; margin: 20px; } .parameterss .body { font: 13px/19px times; text-align: justify; } .parameterss .tag { text-align: right; margin-top: 20px; font: 10px/11px suranna; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; }
Jack Daniels
| |
""
Link | | Quote | |
Posted on: Mar 30 2018, 09:51 AM

I will keep running

Cassidy knew better than most that Jack was not a fool. One did not get to where he was by being so. That he seemed to need to clarify that fact surprised her a bit. A single brow arched heavenward as he reminded her that he had an education. Still she preferred to keep the overall moment as light as possible. So she simply responded with the same playful tone. “A good one it would seem.” Where he might have gone to school had never been discussed, but she was willing to assume it was a decent place. While she would have liked to think that they might kick back and discuss it at some point, she wasn’t about to hold her breath. Jack didn’t seem all that interested in opening up and she wasn’t the type to pry. She had learned long ago that if people had secrets, there was usually a pretty good reason for them.

At the very least his smirk seemed to indicate that he knew she was joking. It wasn’t really a laugh, but she would take what she could get when she could get it. It was more than most and that was good enough as far as she was concerned. As he inquired to her motives she seemed to consider it for a moment before she simply shrugged. “Wouldn’t be the worst job. I mean I am guessing you can be a royal pain in the ass, but it still has to beat flipping burgers or selling cars. Besides isn’t that kind of my job, looking out for the general health and wellbeing of the pack?” She was the resident healer and mother hen, at least until he pulled a mate in. At which time she would simply be the one in charge of patching them up. That would be an interesting switch… one she was better off not thinking about.

”Yeah, I wasn’t really going to go pilfer a cow. Give me a little more credit than that.” Cassidy knew how to stay under the radar. She had been doing it for quite some time. After all it wasn’t exactly like she wanted to go spreading around the fact that she was a werewolf when her family’s biggest rivals were known monster hunters. Wrinkling her nose at the thought she shook her head to discard it before focusing on the conversation at hand. “Haggis? Seriously? That’s one I have never really been interested in. Isn’t that a stomach or intestines?” Neither really seemed all that appetizing to her, though the wolf within her certainly thought differently on the matter. Meat was meat as far as the wolf was concerned.

The way Jack responded to her casual joking at times surprised her, but then she was still getting truly accustomed to who he was and how he responded. “I never really thought about it, I have never actually been on a cruise. I am more of a camping and fishing kind of girl.” After all she had been raised in Kentucky and not the nice developed parts. When he mentioned napping she simply scoffed and shook her head. “That won’t be happening. I am way too busy to nap. I am lucky if I get four hours of sleep a day…” When you were a doctor on call and worked the emergency room, you simply didn’t have the luxury of sleeping in or ignoring 9-1-1 calls in the middle of the night.

There really had been no reason for him to reach out and brace her to stop her from walking into the road. Cassidy was far from oblivious. In fact she was completely aware of all of her surroundings and did have a remarkably good sense of direction. “Don’t let my good humor fool you… I know exactly where I am going and how to get there.” Pursing her lips in mild frustration she considered the possibility for a moment that Jack didn’t really perceive her as a competent person, let alone an integral part of the pack. The thought was left to simmer for a moment before she touched upon his thoughts on their group. “Well then I think it’s probably about time you put that little meeting together, boss.” The step that followed was soon interrupted as her phone shook within her pocket. Pulling it out she looked at the information provided before releasing a silent exhale.

”Duty calls.” With that said she took a step back and offered him one last smile. “I will keep an eye open for the text.” Tossing him a final wave she turned and headed off the way she came, picking up her pace. The jog was a swift one, though not quite so quick as to throw up any red flags to random passersby. The hospital was only a couple blocks away and she had clothes waiting… breakfast would once again have to wait. Cassidy had business to attend to and lives to save.

34 | Doctor | Werewolf
"I'm your huckleberry. "

Link | | Quote | |
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Discord Chat
If you don't have a Discord account, don't worry. Just click "Login" and type in any user name to get started!
Skinned by Thisbe of the RPG-Directory
Affiliates
-->