Jump to Chat
Jump to Top
AFFLICTION

In a world you thought you knew, secrets remained hidden in the shrouds of time and destiny. In the age of the internet and television, the characters of your childhood fairy tales, your favorite movies, or even your wildest desires are all reality. Humanity has found itself no longer alone. The monsters are out of the closet. Magic is real. Society has found itself divided into those who have accepted the 'others', and those who wish to send these creatures into a fiery grave.

Here you'll find a church that promises lasting life by embracing the eternal curse of the vampire. There are groups of humans who have risen up to create hate groups to destroy the supernatural. An eternal struggle between angels and demons amidst it all, threatening destruction of the entire world in the cross-fire. All the while, most of society works, lives, breathes, right along side monsters and beautiful creatures from their dreams. Who are you among them?

Welcome to Savannah, Georgia.

Character of the Quarter
Seth Jefferson

Thread of the Quarter
Old Face, New Trouble

Hero of the Quarter
Freya Storm

Villain of the Quarter
Zander & Sabryn

Pure Heart of the Quarter
Fouch Sobry

Dark Heart of the Quarter
Etain Devlin

Romantic of the Quarter
Lark Eswin

We Ship This of the Quarter
Lark & Zander

Valued Member of the Quarter
Sacha & Firefly

New Character of the Quarter
Seth Jefferson

Skin by Thisbe of the RPG-Directory.
Push Sidebar by MERC of Merc does Cookies.
Tooltips by MALIHU.
Pop out PM by BLACK @ Code

Add Reply
New Poll

Vagabond's Plot Holes
Posted on: Apr 30 2018, 02:19 PM

Ilias Pearce
Divine Scion of Michael
Gentle Protector
Guardian of Faith
Theologian
Enlightened Arcanist
Philosopher
Preternatural Investigator
Friend, Confidant, Teacher
Humble Servant of Humanity

- Hold fast your faith and your mind, let the light inside and I'll protect you -

Link to App
Wanted
Antagonist - Viktor, Master Vampire
Suggested Face Claim: Jason Isaacs

This is a plot that traverses several worlds, including that of Epoch, a medieval fantasy realm where Ilias (known then as Andras Black) was born to slavery and sold to the master vampire as a young boy. There Andras suffered as a gladiator/slave beneath the tyranny of Viktor's cruelty. Viktor also sired Ariana and Cara, known in this world as Nikolett and Mavis Mezsaros, and they were not spared his cruelty, even if they were his favored treasures..

Andras fell in love with the sire sisters, and the three of them plotted a slave revolt during which they could escape. While Cara and Andras provided distractions, setting Viktor's keep on fire, Ariana stayed behind to free other slaves, and unbeknownst to Cara and Andras, to confront Viktor. While Andras and Cara escaped, Andras couldn't leave their lover behind. He went back to the in the early hours of the morning, and after the fires cooled and their thralls had managed to get the revolt back under control, Andras snuck into the court's chambers, opened coffins one at a time, and beheaded/destroyed most of Viktor's retinue.

Andras, knowing his chance of escape was close to zero, waited for Viktor. the master vampire raged when he found out what his most defiant slave had done, and already having imprisoned Ariana, Andras allowed his own capture. Hours of torture proceeded the inevitable. The following night he was set to the stake and burned to ashes... right along side Ariana.

Cara, through all her heartbreak, cast a spell which bound their souls together for all time. It was sealed by a knife through her heart. And thus Viktor, Cara (Mavis), Andras (Ilias), and Ariana (Nikolett) have lived many lives of varied species and ages, forever bound to repeat the cycle of death and tragedy and most of all, love.

This plot will take us through many realms/times/worlds, not just Savannah's Affliction world. While there are AU aspects to this, all four of them remember their past lives/existence with crystal clarity, especially when one comes in contact with another. They aren't always humans/vampires, sometimes they switch roles/species. But the constants are: Nik, Mav, and Ilias are always allied against Viktor. Viktor is usually powerful, more powerful than the three of them put together.

If you choose to take on Viktor as a character, there is a high chance that he will be destroyed ... for good.

Students

Being a master magician, it's natural for Ilias to be a teacher/mentor of the arcane arts. I'm also open to plots with an assistant researcher/investigator, since much of Ilias's time is spent doing Supernatural Investigations for the Lyceum. Other possible plots: Newly minted scions, especially scions of Michael, will likely be given guidance by Ilias, as assigned by the Lyceum.

Contagonists

Always looking for folks to make Ilias's life a living hell! Be it consequences involving law enforcement for his vigilanteism, and/or demonic or vampire opponents to chase/investigate are always welcome. Someone to throw some wrenches into his gears would be nice, too. Special note: his involvement with the Lyceum can possibly bring about some intrigue between the shadowy organization and Law Enforcement, and even Aegis.

Mark Removal

Ilias has the ability to remove vampiric marks upon human thralls. Of course this is done via a ritual, so it's not something he can manifest instantly - no worries! He's not gonna go on a mark removal spree. This isn't well known information, however, and a story line/plot in where the marked meets Ilias someway, and gets into trouble or just wants the mark removed. This is a highly charged emotional issue for Ilias, being that he remembers a past life of slavery and his relationship with Poppy Ingram, whom he liberated.

Friendships/Romance/etc

Friendships:I'd like some more friends for Ilias, especially male friends. He seems to have attacted a gaggle of females around him at this point!
Romance: He is an asexual creature, except with Mavis and Nikolett, and is very uncomfortable in even mildly sexual situations. So, he's unavailable for romantic plots.
Etc: If you have any rando plot ideas, throw them at me. I'm always happy to plot.

Rex Mayer
Enforcer
Criminal
Demonic Possession
Contact in the Underworld
Grouchy Bastard
Affiliated with The Sirens (Gang)
Muscle for Hire

- There's a hammer with your name on it and I'm gonna bash it through your skull -

Link to App
Wanted
Contagonists/Enemies

Law enforcement, fey enemies, members of rival gangs to Sirens, and even demon hunters welcome!

Criminal Activity

Rex is a freelancer. He's happy to threaten, intimidate, or shake down enemies for resources/money/favors. He's a legend in the underworld for getting the job done quietly. Rarely does he take on hits, he's not entirely a hitman. He's an enforcer. He'll also do smuggling/drug running.

Friendships/Romance/etc

Friendships: Can't say that Rex makes a very good friend, but criminal relationships are always welcome. He knows many people in crime, so why not a few more?
Romance: Rex has little interest in romance. Probably because anyone he's gotten involved with over the years ended up not only dead but basically shredded by Aeshma.

Bard Longspear
Master Brewer
Hedonist
Charmer
Satyroi (Fey)
Musician/Singer
Well Travelled
Fun Loving
Brand New to the World

- I've got the cure for what ales you -

Link to App
Wanted
Contagonists/Enemies

I'm at a loss here. Who could possibly hate on Bard? I suppose he might accidentally leave heart break in his wake, since he's a fey after all, and a hedonist on top of that!

Friendships/Romance/etc

Friends: Bard makes a good friend, he's that bartender that'll listen to all your troubles, and still offer you a smile. His love for music, fun, and drink may just attract similar souls.
Romance: Bard is flighty, but casual flings are definitely a go. He's a romantic at heart, and will shower his partner(s) with fine gifts and many compliments!

Fidelio Elizondo
Master Vampire
Pandora/Brujo
Shamanic and Dark
Cult Leader
Godhead
Cult of Personality
Obsessed with Death
Manipulative
Destructive and Toxic

- Bring me your flesh, your bones, and I will devour you -

Link to App
Wanted
Contagonists/Enemies

Ahh your typical stuff: vampire hunters and even rival vampire lords. He's not into the politics between the clans, but he could be brought in someway by screwing around with his cult/influence. He's new to the city, having relocated from the West Coast (LA), so perhaps some other leaders may wish to visit him to "orient" him to the new rules and bylaws of Savannah's midnight creatures, mmm?

Friendships/Romance/etc

Friends:Any friends Fidelio may have are used to gain advantage. There are no softer sentiments in this monster's heart. He will crush anyone under his boot should it serve his aims to become a God in the eyes of his cult worshipers, and the world...
Romance: Being more obsessed with death than sex, Fidelio doesn't actively seek sexual relationships and/or romance. He'll indulge from time to time, but usually with some kind of psychotropic drug involved, such as peyote.
Etc: This quite insane Brujo always and of course looking for thralls to torture. Violence isn't his forte - he delves more into torment of the mind, using hallucinogens to muddle the minds of his followers, and sometimes his wicked eyes fall upon a thrall (or two) to terrify...

389 posts | Advanced Member | Code Monkey | Send Message
∞ | I'm a coder, yo | plastic wind up monkey toy from outer space | |
"Imma code the shit out of this mofo"
Awards: 3

application | plotter | want ad || Written by Vagabond | Offline
Link | | Quote | |
Posted on: Jul 4 2018, 06:37 PM

Giving this a bump. Still looking!

Link | | Quote | |
Posted on: Jul 4 2018, 11:14 PM

Rex Mayer..

I require contacts to move precious cargo....who knows what can come from such things.
3 posts | Newbie | Were-Fox | Send Message
| Jewel Theif/Fence | Werefox | |
""
Awards: None
application | plotter | want ad || Written by Bunneh | Offline
Link | | Quote | |
Posted on: Jul 4 2018, 11:15 PM

Bard Longspear....

Mysteries abound
9 posts | Newbie | Fey | Send Message
| Little Miss Mischief | Faun | |
""
Link | | Quote | |
Posted on: Jul 5 2018, 12:23 PM

Loreli x Rex ...

What kind of cargo are we talking about? I want fucked up things to happen. Rex is built for violence and gang warfare. Is Lore a part of any criminal organization or is she freelance? Maybe can start working her into the Sirens... who knows?

Nyx x Bard ...

Bard is -almost- a joke character. If you're looking for something light, he's the guy to choose. He's always happy to meet another fey! I kinda want him to be out from behind the bar, possibly getting into trouble because he doesn't understand social norms ... he hasn't been this side of the veil for very long, at all.

Bunneh

Link | | Quote | |
Posted on: Jul 5 2018, 07:03 PM

I like both ideas

--------------------
user posted image
110 posts | Advanced Member | Lore Master | Send Message
| | Writer /Plot Bunny / Human Sorta | |
""
Link | | Quote | |
Posted on: Jul 6 2018, 12:09 AM

Bunneh, I'll think on some story hooks with Rex, for now. With Bard it's a little more difficult since he's such a joke //files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif heh heh heh Also I'll peep at your apps... which you should link to from your profile <3

Link | | Quote | |
Posted on: Jul 15 2018, 03:25 PM

Bunneh

Probably going to start a thread for Loreli and Rex this week. I'll tag you of course when it's up and going.

Anyone else is welcome, too, especially other criminal elements of Affliction. Just reply here or send me a PM and I'm happy to plot.

Link | | Quote | |
Posted on: Yesterday at 07:32 pm

Awesome!

All seeing eyes http://afflictionrp.jcink.net/index.php?act=ST&f=79&t=1681 if rex is interested

--------------------
user posted image
110 posts | Advanced Member | Lore Master | Send Message
| | Writer /Plot Bunny / Human Sorta | |
""
Link | | Quote | |
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Discord Chat
If you don't have a Discord account, don't worry. Just click "Login" and type in any user name to get started!
Skinned by Thisbe of the RPG-Directory
Affiliates
-->